Following the nice comments received about the new calculator’s functionality, and since no new bugs were reported, I had time to work a bit on the scientific calculator’s look. The new version adds two user selectable color themes: ‘Wooden’ and ‘Smoke’, the original theme is now called ‘Classic’.
Archive for the ‘New Features’ Category
How to change the notation and precision displayed by the online scientific calculator
The latest release of the online scientific calculator includes a new functionality: The preferences window. Here you can set the display format for the calculator results. This article gives a bit more information on how the calculator stores numbers internally, it’s precision limitations and explains how to use this new feature.
The LCM and ROUND functions have been added to Alcula’s Online Scientific Calculator’s release 0.7.
This article describes what they are and how to use them.
A few more improvements to the Online Scientific Calculator…
After implementing functions, in last version, this new release, 0.5, brings a bit of polishing to existing functionalities.
Here is what you will find in the new version:
- You can edit an existing function by clicking on it’s body
- The User Function window is now hidden automatically if no function is defined.
- The User Function window resizes to show the full text of the function.
- You can now drag a function from the User Function List to the calculator.
- Bigger keyboard and display for easier reading.
A new version (0.4) of the scientific calculator was released last week, with a few more buttons, useful features, and bug fixes.
New features available in version 0.4:
- You can now define your own functions to use multiple times in expressions.
- A pseudo-random number generator.
- A reset function to clear the calculator window.
- A comma key to type functions with multiple parameters.
Welcome to the first article of Alcula’s blog. Here you will find fresh information about the website, it’s new features and tools as well as general news on the world of calculators, math and other things related.
The most important piece of news for the site is the addition of the new Scientific Calculator. This is what this post is all about.
It has taken many months of development and it’s far from being complete but even at this stage it is the most complete tool for making calculations online. The current version is available here.
So what does it do?