Online Scientific Calculator
Welcome to the new Online Scientific Calculator for Algebra from Alcula.
This is a formula calculator. Enter your expressions in the same order as you would write them on paper. Then press '=' to display the result.
Use parenthesis to alter the order of operations or to specify function parameters.
Example of a valid expression: (-3+sqrt(16/4))/4
Results are displayed as fractions when possible, as well as in their floating point approximation.
This calculator supports the following operators, functions and constants:
- + - * /: Addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- cis: Use for entering complex numbers in polar form (See Complex Numbers)
- sin: Sine
- asin: Inverse sine (sin-1)
- sinh: Hyperbolic sine
- cos: Cosine
- acos: Inverse cosine (cos-1)
- cosh: Hyperbolic cosine
- tan: Tangent
- atan: Inverse tangent (tan-1)
- e: The constant e
- i: The imaginary unit (See Complex Numbers for more information)
- pi: The constant PI (&pi)
- !: Factorial
- perm: Permutations
- comb: Combinations
- ln: Natural Logarithm (base e)
- log: Logarithm base 10
- abs: The absolute value
- ans: The result of a previous expression
- gcd: Greatest Commmon Divisor (see GCD)
- int: The integer portion of a number (see INT)
- lcm: Least common multiple (See LCM for more info)
- rand: Returns a random number between 0 and 1 (see rand and how to use the random function for information on how to use this function)
- round: Rounds a number to its closest integer (See round for examples)
- sqrt: Square root
This calculator allows you to define your own functions to use in expressions. To define a function type type it in this format:
You can also select to display the results in a different notation. Choose between fixed, floating point, scientific or engineering notation. See calculator notation for more information.
You can type your expressions directly in the calculator input field or use the online keyboard.