Alcula's Online Calculators' Blog
A few more improvements to the Online Scientific Calculator…
After implementing functions, in last version, this new release, 0.5, brings a bit of polishing to existing functionalities.
Here is what you will find in the new version:
- You can edit an existing function by clicking on it’s body
- The User Function window is now hidden automatically if no function is defined.
- The User Function window resizes to show the full text of the function.
- You can now drag a function from the User Function List to the calculator.
- Bigger keyboard and display for easier reading.
Since the 29th of August, Alcula has a completely new look and a new, more intuitive navigation system. This article describes these changes and will hopefully help you getting accustomed to the new site. Find here more information about this site, how to navigate through it’s pages and a few details about it’s new tools and features.
A new version (0.4) of the scientific calculator was released last week, with a few more buttons, useful features, and bug fixes.
New features available in version 0.4:
- You can now define your own functions to use multiple times in expressions.
- A pseudo-random number generator.
- A reset function to clear the calculator window.
- A comma key to type functions with multiple parameters.
Welcome to the first article of Alcula’s blog. Here you will find fresh information about the website, it’s new features and tools as well as general news on the world of calculators, math and other things related.
The most important piece of news for the site is the addition of the new Scientific Calculator. This is what this post is all about.
It has taken many months of development and it’s far from being complete but even at this stage it is the most complete tool for making calculations online. The current version is available here.
So what does it do?
Read the rest of this entry »